[Gta04-owner] Comparison PinePhone to Librem 5

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Dec 21 12:04:15 CET 2019

IMHO quite well written:

	https://amosbbatto.wordpress.com/2019/12/01/decide-pinephone-vs-librem-5/

I could now boot my developer PinePhone to Ubuntu Touch and it works.
Well, it is a little difficult to find out how to operate Ubuntu
Touch without a user manual... So I could not really use it. But
this is not the hardware to blame for.

The Galaxy J7 battery doesn't fit 100% so I would have to cut
off some tiny pieces of plastic to make it fit. Fortunately, it
started to charge the unlabeld battery that came with the PinePhone.

So if I find time, I want to try to get access to the serial console
and find out if I can configure the USB port to become an ethernet
gadget. Both will make software development easier.

The plan is to port LetuxOS and first steps have been made:

http://download.goldelico.com/letux-u-boot/PinePhone/20191220/
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-makesd.git;a=commit;h=5a2d803d892c1d0124f6123c47b99b7b042021d5

What is missing is a LetuxOS kernel which needs a 64 bit ARM
(cross)toolchain I currently do not have in my setup. Otherwise
it should not be difficult to modify the letux_defconfig.

Happy hacking,