[Gta04-owner] Patches for replicant main repositories

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Jun 24 18:15:36 CEST 2018

Hi,

> Am 24.06.2018 um 17:48 schrieb Josua Mayer <josua.mayer97 at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
>>
>>> So we need to fork toybox for enabling the modprobe utlity, and build for installing modules.dep.
>>
>> Which means you need a new git reop for the project?
> Yes.
>>
>>> I think the project descriptions we came up with before will be fine.
>>
>> What about the project/git name?
> I don't know what is easiest in your setup, I suggest:
> android_external_toybox: monolithic implementation of essential linux userspace tools such as ls, cat, modprobe, ...
> android_platform_build: central android build system
> Or, to follow the existing names
> gta04-replicant-toybox-external
> gta04-replicant-build-platform
> which is the same to me, just reverse reading.

Ok, I'll create them asap and let you know.

I'd try to not use "android" in the repo name to avoid confusion.

Maybe I'll change to letux-replicant-* since that better reflects that
the idea is not to focus on GTA04 but be broader.

At some point of time we then should rename the other repos as well.
Maybe a symlink can mirror them with two names (Ihave to check).

Then, the manifests and build scripts and instructions can/should
be adjusted.