[Gta04-owner] Patches for replicant main repositories

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:48:49 CEST 2018

Hi Nikolaus,

Am 23.06.2018 um 07:33 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:
> Hi Josua,
>
>> Am 22.06.2018 um 18:38 schrieb Josua Mayer <josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
>> <mailto:josua.mayer97 at gmail.com>>:
>>
>> Hi Nikolaus,
>>
>> Am 22.06.2018 um 16:14 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>>> Hi Josua,

>>> Fine!

>>> No since I never became able to build it myself.
>>>
>>> What would you need to start working?
>> I have collected all the pieces I did before, and also identified a
>> previously missing bit.
>> So we have two options:
>> 1) clean up load_modules.sh to only use insmod
>> including the pain of figuring out dependencies, if any
>> 2) get modprobe and modules.dep back.
>> I favor solution two, and I have just tested the necessary patches
>> for it.
>
> Yes, #2 looks better. Modprobe is basically a wrapper around insmod
> and other
> tools, but has additional features (e.g. blacklist.conf). And IMHO
> udevd knows
> how to call it.
>
>> So we need to fork toybox for enabling the modprobe utlity, and build
>> for installing modules.dep.
>
> Which means you need a new git reop for the project?
Yes.

>> I think the project descriptions we came up with before will be fine.
>
> What about the project/git name?
I don't know what is easiest in your setup, I suggest:
android_external_toybox: monolithic implementation of essential linux
userspace tools such as ls, cat, modprobe, ...
android_platform_build: central android build system
Or, to follow the existing names
gta04-replicant-toybox-external
gta04-replicant-build-platform
which is the same to me, just reverse reading.