[Gta04-owner] Letux OS: kernel 4.15 is ready

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Jan 31 07:00:17 CET 2018

Hi,

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 17:51:33 +0100

> finally we have the kernel 4.15:
>
> 	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/
>
> As usual for GTA04, OpenPandora, Pyra and others.
>
> There are many tiny changes. Some were fixing
> regressions by changes in upstream code and some
> were fixes for our user-space tools. But no big ones.
>
> Please see the CHANGES list what has happened
> since 4.14.
>
> So work goes on and has not stalled :)
>
> I hope you regularly try, test and update new
> kernels and appreciate our work to keep old devices
> (GTA04, OpenPandora) on the same and most modern
> level like we do for the latest ones (Pyra).

Ok, did that (my script without module lists):
With charge off in uboot before calling bootm:
no modules: cur: 60690 delta: 60690
+w2sg0004 cur: 60511 delta: -179
before: 605200
after: 603064
average 25717 uA over 299 seconds <-- suspend
+charger,phy cur: 66759 delta: 6248
+musb,g_ether cur: 66045 delta: -714
+ifup cur: 59797 delta: -6248
before: 602530
after: 600572
average 23574 uA over 299 seconds <-- suspend
+fb cur: 59619 delta: -178

something framebuffer-related is not fully loaded here,
current should be higher

before: 600216
after: 598258
average 23574 uA over 299 seconds <-- suspend
+backlight cur: 142086 delta: 82467
before: 597902
after: 595766
average 25717 uA over 299 seconds <-- suspend
+ehci-omap cur: 175108 delta: 33022
before: 595232
after: 592028
average 38576 uA over 299 seconds <-- suspend

first really bad value.

So what do we know about power management:
- musb is influenced by charge auto / charge continuous in u-boot
  (have to do research if both are evil).
  -> does better pm when booted with charge off
- ehci-omap is not doing proper pm.

Regards,
Andreas