[Gta04-owner] metapackage for illume / e17

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Fri Jan 5 23:43:17 CET 2018

Hi,

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 21:34:43 +0100
tgrauss <tgrauss at f-gp.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you it is working, I can ssh to the gta04 now :)
> Also a big thank you for the net.ifnames tip. It was some times now
> that I was wondering why they changed the naming convention of network
> interfaces. I didn't know that we could come back to the standard
> naming :) it is much better now.

Well, these complicated names are great for multi-ethernet machines
for not for most other type.

> Now my next problem is to get the gta04 to go on the internet. The
> problem is that my wifi network is also on a 192.168.0 network and if I
> want to access the gta04, I must disable the wifi and internet.
> I will try to change the default address of the gta04 (192.168.4.202
> maybe) and try to route the usb adapter to the wifi adapter for
> internet.
> If you have some tips, they would be welcomed :)

Well, you should use
ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.201 netmask 255.255.255.252

If you do not use 192.168.0.200-192.168.0.203 in your home network,
you will not have any trouble.

if you want to have your gta04 in your home wifi you should also
reconfigure the netmask for usb0 in /etc/network/interfaces to that
value.

Regards,
Andreas