[Gta04-owner] metapackage for illume / e17

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Fri Jan 5 21:16:46 CET 2018

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 20:34:37 +0100
Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 20:31:00 +0100
> tgrauss <tgrauss at f-gp.eu> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I shave uccessfully booted the minimalistic debian.
> > However, when I try to login using ssh with usb ethernet to install the
> > deb package, I can't connect, there is no message at all.
> > My commands:
> > ifconfig enp0s29u1u2 192.168.0.20
> 192.168.0.200
> The network mask is more narrow.

sorry, you might need:
ifconfig enp0s29u1u2 192.168.0.200 up

And check whether the config stays the same. Some tools might
be playing around with that interface like network-manager.

BTW: You can disable these complicated ifnames if they do not help you
(probably they depend on which usb slot you are using) by adding
net.ifnames=0 to your kernel command line (in /etc/default/grub probably).

If you do not want to share your network from your pc, you use:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o outgoing_interface -j MASQUERADE
echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Regards,
Andreas