[Gta04-owner] how to install stretch the letux way?

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Jan 4 08:01:40 CET 2018

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 09:05:44 +0100

> > Am 03.01.2018 um 07:34 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am wondering how I can install a minimal stretch system the
> > letux-standard way.
> >
> > I tried this command to install one on /dev/mmcblk0p3
> >
> > DEV=/dev/mmcblk0 ./makesd --debug -i -f2 -f ext4 -r debian -v 20171209-stretch-9.3-armhf -c latest -k latest -d latest -m latest
>
> it is almost correct:
>
> DEV=/dev/mmcblk0 ./makesd --debug -i -f2 -f ext4 -v 20171209-stretch-9.3-armhf -r debian -c latest -k latest -d latest -m latest
>
> the -r option uses the previously defined -v

well, the result is a kernel with a broken generic battery driver leading to kernel oopses. But it is a
stretch.

On the other hand it is quite hard to install it this way.
So first I checked that tools for partitioning are not installed and disabled
the checks in makesd for them.
So I have to do dry runs, analyse the script to check whether it will access
the right partitions (the syntax is not intuitive), finding out that --dry is
not that dry, well it is not totally "wet"
I know I am not using it the main way it was initially designed for.

It would be a lot easier if one could just directly specify the partition,
like DEV=/dev/disk/by-label/experi ./install-letux-system -v 20171209-stretch-9.3-armhf -r debian -c latest -k latest -d latest -m latest

or

DEV=/dev/disk/by-label/replicant ./install-letux-system -r replicant
Well it is called makesd for a good reason, not install-a-system.

Maybe makesd could be created by embedding an install-letux-system tool into
a function in makesd or whatever an easy-maintainable solution is. Or maybe
two scripts which call each other in a deb package, so it is still
auto-updateable.

Regards,
Andreas