[Gta04-owner] qtmoko on stretch

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jan 2 22:45:24 CET 2018

Hi,

> Am 02.01.2018 um 20:32 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 22:28:19 +0100
>

>> I have worked on my setup and it now needs ca. 420 minutes to compile the wheezy
>> version from scratch on a OMAP5432EVM. It doesn't drive the OMAP5 to full speed
>> so such a setup seems to be mainly limited by the speed of the SD card...
>>
> Well, do we need the wheezy version anymore?

Not really, but if I don't have a complete setup to compile the wheezy
version, the jessie isn't simpler...

I have prepared my script that it has the DEBIAN base simply in shell
variable definition.

> You can also compile my
> master branch to have a version compatible with old kernels. You just
> need the touchscreen from there.
>
>> Re-running a build takes approx. 100 minutes thanks to ccache. Still too much,
>> but that starts to be acceptable.
>
> Maybe we can play around with distcc. But first, fast storage is needed.
> A mess of cables comes into my imagination.
>

>> What I am currently trying is to build the 3rd party packages in addition,
>> but there is something missing with the codec libs so that it fails.
>>
> Hmm, aren't they automatically build by the
> scripts/build-package-gta04.sh

I have to call scripts/make-debian-packages.sh

And then the ibmad is missing but required by src/3rdparty/plugins/codecs/codecs-package

> I have seen them in my build.
>
>> And my driver script (to remotely control the EVM or a Letux Cortex 8)
>> lacks some features like publishing the final result... Or rsyncing a
>> modified source tree from the host to the EVM instead of pulling sources
>> through git. So that it finally feels like a hidden remote procedure call
>> for "make".
>
> Or maybe you do nfs mounts...

> Or can we mix cross compilers and native ones through distcc?
> At least with jessie, installing them comes more straightformward.

A single rsync command in the driver script seems to be the easiest (not necessarily
the fastest) way to install/use.