[Gta04-owner] qtmoko on stretch

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Jan 2 20:32:10 CET 2018

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 22:28:19 +0100

> I have worked on my setup and it now needs ca. 420 minutes to compile the wheezy
> version from scratch on a OMAP5432EVM. It doesn't drive the OMAP5 to full speed
> so such a setup seems to be mainly limited by the speed of the SD card...

Well, do we need the wheezy version anymore? You can also compile my
master branch to have a version compatible with old kernels. You just
need the touchscreen from there.

> Re-running a build takes approx. 100 minutes thanks to ccache. Still too much,
> but that starts to be acceptable.

Maybe we can play around with distcc. But first, fast storage is needed.
A mess of cables comes into my imagination.

> What I am currently trying is to build the 3rd party packages in addition,
> but there is something missing with the codec libs so that it fails.

Hmm, aren't they automatically build by the
scripts/build-package-gta04.sh
I have seen them in my build.

> And my driver script (to remotely control the EVM or a Letux Cortex 8)
> lacks some features like publishing the final result... Or rsyncing a
> modified source tree from the host to the EVM instead of pulling sources
> through git. So that it finally feels like a hidden remote procedure call
> for "make".

Or maybe you do nfs mounts...
Or can we mix cross compilers and native ones through distcc?
At least with jessie, installing them comes more straightformward.

Regards,
Andreas