[Gta04-owner] Second Debian Status Update

Dr. Michael Lauer mickey at vanille.de
Wed Sep 20 15:44:51 CEST 2017

> Am 19.09.2017 um 12:53 schrieb Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>:
>
> Nice to hear this news.  One contribution below...
>

> On 18/09/17 21:25, Josua Mayer wrote:
>> Going through the FSO packages and checking why they do(don't) currently
>> work on Debian, and are not even properly in testing?
>
> Mostly, they were recently removed from the archive by Sebastian Reichel, citing (a) rotting, (b) lack of wider interest/time, (c) being obsoleted by oFono.  There are a few packages remaining - I believe those that are still useful independently of FSO as a whole.

While a) and b) may well apply, I wholeheartedly veto against c). oFono has a completely different (non-holistic) concept
and is not a replacement for FSO (neither fsogsmd, which would be the component providing the correspondent functionality).

It would be great for FSO’s visibility to have Debian packages again. Like I said earlier, If i can easily fix something, please holler.

Cheers,

:M: