[Gta04-owner] is Tizen an option?

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Fri Oct 13 16:09:03 CEST 2017

Quoting Josua Mayer (2017-10-13 15:42:04)
> A colleague has been pointing me at Tizen when we talked about the
> state of qtmoko, and the lack of more recent mobile UIs (besides
> replicant). I had no idea Tizen actually provided a phone UI.
>
> What do you think, would this be an option for providing a more widely
> used OS to the gta04?
> Is anyone preoccupied about Tizen, perhaps knowing about security
> flaws or incompatibilities?

The developers of postmarketOS has mentioned Tizen:
https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/62

It is however not on their list of UIs actively developed, though:
https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/User-Interfaces

...a list which might be interesting to look at for other options - and
if some options you know about is missing at their list, I recommend
making them aware, to improve the chances of more developer attention to
your favourite UI.

 - Jonas