[Gta04-owner] GTA04 camera in VGA mode starts working

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Nov 27 21:24:21 CET 2017

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:59:56 +0200

> I have some progress to report.
>
> We finally found what was missing to make the VGA mode basically
> work: there are two undocumented registers (one called "RSVD")
> where a bit has to be changed.
>
> Otherwise the video ADC seems not to work in VGA mode.
>
> Maybe some voltages or dividers or whatever are switched
> inside the camera chip to compensate for the 30fps sampling
> rate (SXGA has 15fps).
>
> So, this is a big step forwards to completely support all
> GTA04 hardware features.
>
> There are still some things to be fixed. For example the picture
> is shifted a little.
>
> And for some unknown reasons we should program the camera
> in VYUY mode and the OMAP3 in UYVY... Otherwise we get "yellow"
> and "blue" swapped. I.e. a rainbow will show reversed colors :)
> or a blue pen is yellow and a yellow one is blue.
>
> And some filters should be enabled to improve image quality.
>
> Otherwise the camera module works quite well now.
>
> So stay tuned for updates for the kernel tree :)
>
> Maybe someone also finds time to add a camera driver to
> Replicant or QtMoko2...

ok, with a fresh camera,
my ancient 3.7 kernel and camera program work well (as well as I
remembered it)
Now I tried with 4.14:
root at gta04:~/4.14-root# ./capture-demo
make: 'capture' is up to date.
Camera ov9650 not found!

./camera-demo seems to work, at least with sxga,
colors are wrong, red is e.g. blue.

./capture -d /dev/video2 (got that from camera-demo output)
[ 2662.126983] ov9655 1-0030: ov9655_get_format
[ 2662.131622] ov9655 1-0030: __ov9655_get_pad_format: pad=0 which=1 V4L2_SUBDE
[ 2662.141174] ov9655 1-0030: busfmt: h=1024 w=1280 code=8198 field=1 csp=8
VIDIOC_STREAMON error 22, Invalid argument

Regards,
Andreas