[Gta04-owner] gemini PDA

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Mar 7 12:45:17 CET 2017

> Am 07.03.2017 um 12:19 schrieb Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>:
>
> On 2017-03-07 09:58, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

>>> Could you clarify what you mean by this?
>>
>> http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/community?q=community
>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/community
>
> I understand what the word "community" means, I'm asking what you meant with the sentence "the Pyra is community made".  I was under the impression the Pyra was made by a small number of individuals who keep the EDA design files private and then sell the device to the community.

I am not speaker of the Pyra project so this all is just my humble opinion.
In my impression it is similar as with the GTA04. Whoever can explain
what he/she needs the source files for to bring the project forward can get
them. For example the guy who had access to very good PCB signal integrity
simulation tools. Or the kernel developers who check schematics with data
sheets to find out about subtle bugs.

But details are already written and discussed multiple times up and down
here and in public much better than I can ever paraphrase for you: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/

Because we are here on the gta04-owner list, let me add that the EAGLE
source files of the unlucky GTA04A5 are now public:

	http://download.goldelico.com/gta04-hardware/CAD/GTA04A5/

But I am sure it will not help the project to succeed in any way.