[Gta04-owner] Status GTA04A5

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jan 26 11:53:37 CET 2017

Hi,
there is not much progress to report while waiting
for production to start.

In the meantime I have tested (and repaired)
four of the GTA04A5 boards from the last test
production run.

Three of them have not shown any hardware problems
so far, but some software problems. Of course,
software problems might still hide hardware problem
but I hope not significant ones.

Anyways, the USB socket and the external GPS antenna
jack work well and are practically unbreakable now!

So I have forwarded two of the prototype boards
to community members who help to actively polish
kernel, u-boot etc. so that the time while we (once
again) wait is not wasted.

Unfortunately the merge of 4.10-rc5 from upstream
did show some regressions. For example the kernel
does not register any battery driver any more.
So we have no fuel gauges (neither on GTA04 nor on
Pyra). Or the wlan interfaces are

Therefore I have only pushed the kernel sources,
but not any precompiled binaries:

	http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux-4.10-rc5