[Gta04-owner] USSD support

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Jan 19 20:42:04 CET 2017

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 19:04:01 +0100

> > Am 19.01.2017 um 18:49 schrieb Andreas Kemnade
> > <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to have my scripts for getting my prepaid balance working
> > again. I used to just dial *100#
> >
> > Replicant 4 does not display anything.
>
> Maybe it is not implemented there. I don't know.
>
> I was curious and found some answer which I hope is correct:
>
> The key point seems to be that dialing any string with # or * does
> not trigger ATD and manage a phone call but does
>
> AT+CUSD=1,"number*number#something"

Well, that is something I am already doing and nothing new to me. That
is what Qtmoko also does. There is often mentioned a ,15 at the end
of the command.

But that seems only to be half the truth. The intersting question is
what to do if the response is:

> and process and display the response. The quotation marks seem to be
> important:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15850819/at-command-ussd

According to that text the answer is sent using
AT+CUSD=1,"X" where X is the one-digit menu number.
So the user types X and the phone has to send it using AT+CUSD instead
of ATD. So the phone has to enter a special state letting the user
navigate through the menu.

I do not know what lets the phone enter that special state and what does
end the special state.

At least Qtmoko's behaviour seems to be wrong. Just having a message to
acknowledge and no keypad when such a menu appears.
I have not checked shr behaviour yet.

Regards,
Andreas