[Gta04-owner] USSD support

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jan 19 19:04:01 CET 2017

Hi,

> Am 19.01.2017 um 18:49 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to have my scripts for getting my prepaid balance working again.
> I used to just dial *100#
>
> Replicant 4 does not display anything.

Maybe it is not implemented there. I don't know.

I was curious and found some answer which I hope is correct:

The key point seems to be that dialing any string with # or * does
not trigger ATD and manage a phone call but does

AT+CUSD=1,"number*number#something"

and process and display the response. The quotation marks seem to be
important:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15850819/at-command-ussd

> Qtmoko displays a kind of menu, pairs of digits and names like you get
> from some computer-operated hotlines as voice. But there is no chance
> to enter the single number.
> My own phone app just gives me the first line of that menu.
>
> So the question is how to react to such a ussd menu.
> I am a bit puzzled.

Hope this helps!