[Gta04-owner] Display on Debian - Was: Debian Status

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 18:03:25 CET 2017

Am 18.02.2017 um 17:55 schrieb Josua Mayer:

>>> That is ok since the omap3 has no hdmi port.
>>> The panel is a separate driver.

>>> Hm. The display system should work upstream - but maybe
>>> they are not configured?
>>>
>>> Display backlight also needs some omap pwm driver so this
>>> can be the reason why it does not show up in /sys/class/backlight.
>> In http://download.goldelico.com/letux-kernel/letux-4.10-rc8/src/CONFIG
>> we have backlight/pwm related:
>>
>> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=y
>> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GENERIC=m
> Do you know if this one is necessary? Its description is quote short.
> Just in case Debian maintainers want to know an expalantions for every
> option I request enabling.
>> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PWM=m
>> CONFIG_PWM=y
>> CONFIG_PWM_SYSFS=y
>> CONFIG_PWM_OMAP_DMTIMER=m
>>
>> And for panel:
>>
>> CONFIG_DRM_OMAP_PANEL_TPO_TD028TTEC1=m
> From those, missing are:
> BACKLIGHT_GENERIC
> DRM_OMAP_PANEL_TPO_TD028TTEC1
> PWM_OMAP_DMTIMER
> I am enabling them, and rebuilding this huge allmodconfig to test later.
I found that replicant has
CONFIG_FB_OMAP2_PANEL_TPO_TD028TTEC1
But you don't. So I will try without it first.
(http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-replicant-device.git;a=blob;f=rootdir/load_modules.sh;h=6ba0f4ef28af77108dff8064a5becf8f7b69d5f8;hb=refs/heads/next
- modprobe panel_tpo_td028ttec1 #Letux 2804)