[Gta04-owner] Display on Debian - Was: Debian Status

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 17:55:25 CET 2017

Am 18.02.2017 um 17:46 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:

>>> No x11. This is a minimal cli-only system.
>>> /sys/class/backlight is as empty as can be.
>>> I found that there are only 2 display connector modules available:
>>> connector-analog-tv.ko, connector-hdmi.ko
>>> With only the former loaded.
>> That is ok since the omap3 has no hdmi port.
>> The panel is a separate driver.
>>
>>> menuconfig lists DPI, HDMI, SDI and DSI.
>>> Is this the key here?
>>>
>>> And we are probably also missing the panel drivers.
>> Hm. The display system should work upstream - but maybe
>> they are not configured?
>>
>> Display backlight also needs some omap pwm driver so this
>> can be the reason why it does not show up in /sys/class/backlight.
> In http://download.goldelico.com/letux-kernel/letux-4.10-rc8/src/CONFIG
> we have backlight/pwm related:
>
> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=y
> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GENERIC=m
Do you know if this one is necessary? Its description is quote short.
Just in case Debian maintainers want to know an expalantions for every
option I request enabling.
> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PWM=m
> CONFIG_PWM=y
> CONFIG_PWM_SYSFS=y
> CONFIG_PWM_OMAP_DMTIMER=m
>
> And for panel:
>
> CONFIG_DRM_OMAP_PANEL_TPO_TD028TTEC1=m
>From those, missing are:
BACKLIGHT_GENERIC
DRM_OMAP_PANEL_TPO_TD028TTEC1
PWM_OMAP_DMTIMER
I am enabling them, and rebuilding this huge allmodconfig to test later.