[Gta04-owner] QtMoko snapshot

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Fri Dec 29 21:31:52 CET 2017

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 20:52:15 +0100
tgrauss <tgrauss at f-gp.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 19:42:34 +0100
> Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 19:15:59 +0100
> > tgrauss <tgrauss at f-gp.eu> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I tried to install a Debian to test the qtmoko package.
> > > I have already installed the new U-boot successfully.
> > > Now, I used the makesd script to recreate a new filesystem on the sd
> > > card and unzipped the latest minimal debian root file system.
> >
> > = stretch or jessie?
> it was stretch (latest-armhf-minimal.tbz)
> I have used makesd gta04
> I have then moved the content of the second partition to a temporary
> folder. I have uncompressed the latest-armhf-minimal.tbz in the sd card
> second partition then I have copied the lib/modules folder from the
> temporary folder into the /lib directory in the partition.
> I have then put the sd card in the phone and booted.
>

> > > I tried booting this and the screen flashed red 2 times immediately
> > > after inserting the battery, then a blinking cursor and nothing
> > > else.
> >
> > Can you confirm that the sd card has no boot.scr. u-boot.img, etc on
> > it? It looks like the bootloader was re-flashed again for some reason.
> > Just blinking cursor might be ok for a minimal image, you should be
> > able to login via ssh.
> The sd card has a boot.scr,u-boot.img etc on the first partition.
>
> > > Thinking about a problem with the debian system, I forced the phone
> > > to turn off by pressing the power button for a long time.
> > >
> > > After this, impossible to turn on the phone any more.
> > >
> > = No reaction on the serial console, the screen and the leds? No
> > difference with aux button pressed?
> >
> No reaction anymore on the screen and button/leds. No reaction with
> both buttons pressed either :(
> There is nothing on the serial line also using the USB cable :(
> I have also tried pserial using the JTAG cable like this :
> ./pserial -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -f uart-monitor.bin
> and it is waiting for the ASIC id and nothing happen...

Hmm, some modem-manager or even gpsd might interfere.
Instead try:
1. clone my omap-utils fork:
https://github.com/akemnade/omap-u-boot-utils
2. do a make
    and sudo make install there (will need libusb-1.0-0-dev)
3. sudo apt-get install dfu-util

4. wget https://misc.andi.de1.cc/spl-dfu-gta04a4.tar.gz
5. tar -zxvf spl-dfu-gta04a4.tar.gz
6. cd spl-dfu
7. sudo ./usb-start-uboot.sh
8. remove battery from your gta04.
9. attach it with usb.
10. press and hold aux button
11. insert battery
12. tell me what happend

Expected: u-boot is successfully started and waits for usb input
lcd stays black
But you should see in
sudo dfu-util -l
dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Found DFU: [0451:d022] ver=0215, devnum=95, cfg=1, intf=0, path="1-2", alt=4, name="bootscript", serial="UNKNOWN"
Found DFU: [0451:d022] ver=0215, devnum=95, cfg=1, intf=0, path="1-2", alt=3, name="script", serial="UNKNOWN"
Found DFU: [0451:d022] ver=0215, devnum=95, cfg=1, intf=0, path="1-2", alt=2, name="rd", serial="UNKNOWN"
Found DFU: [0451:d022] ver=0215, devnum=95, cfg=1, intf=0, path="1-2", alt=1, name="fdt", serial="UNKNOWN"
Found DFU: [0451:d022] ver=0215, devnum=95, cfg=1, intf=0, path="1-2", alt=0, name="kernel", serial="UNKNOWN"

Regards,
Andreas