[Gta04-owner] Using touchscreen as a touchpad?

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Thu Apr 21 15:04:51 CEST 2016

On 21/04/16 13:47, Sven Dyroff wrote:
> Hello Neil,
>
> > Also has anyone tried using an external input device instead of the
> > touchscreen?  I think it would need to be something that is easy to
> > carry around with the phone, doesn't need a surface to sit on, is USB-
> > or bluetooth-connected, and can generate pointer and scroll events.
>
> You mean something like a little wireless trackball like that:
>
> http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/logitech-m570-wireless-trackball-910-002090-a570502.html
>

> ?

Yes, but ideally smaller - so perhaps this is better:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eximtrade-Wireless-Portable-Handheld-Trackball/dp/B016GELH64/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1461243058&sr=1-3&keywords=bluetooth+trackball

Also ideally bluetooth instead of needing a little USB wireless adapter
- since I can't plug that adapter into the GTA04.

> Otherwise someone should invent something like touch-sensitive
> energy-harvesting bluetooth-plasticine...  ;-)

Yes, they definitely should!

> Best regards
>    Sven

Neil