[Gta04-owner] Which distri

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Sep 29 12:31:57 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 29 of September 2015 11:48:52 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Well, for me it is the reverse thing: I have spent so much time to improve
> hardware and keep the kernel following mainline but have no nice
userspace
> which is useable for it (well, we have one: Replicant - but it is currently
> stuck on 3.12 kernel).
>
> So looks like a deadlock :)

But you have different goal. For me goal is to have phone - the thing that
you use for calling your family/friends. I really tried GTA04, but it was
always discharged when i forgot it for more then 12 hours. And if you have
small children then it's not funny - working phone can save a life...

GTA04 is comparable to car that has max speed 15 km/h - nice for test
ride, but you cant take your family and go to the city with it. And correct
me if i am wrong but there was zero progress for years in the power
management area.

Only person who did progress in this area was Neil. Honestly I would much
more expect that from you as HW guy.

BR

Radek