[Gta04-owner] [ANN]: decided to start production for GTA04A5 boards

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Sep 9 15:54:09 CEST 2015

HI,

Am 09.09.2015 um 15:30 schrieb Moritz Schilling <moritz.k.schilling at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> that are really good news, since my touchscreen is damaged irreparably.
> I have a question about the GSM chip interconnection.
> Are there any connections from other hardware (e.g. Microphone etc.) apart from the OMAP to the GSM modem?

No. The sound connection is digital and goes through a 4 wire PCM interface either to the tps69650 audio chip or
to the OMAP3 McBSP port where you can record it through ALSA (arecord) or play sound (aplay).

The microphone is only connected to the tps65950 and that is controlled by the OMAP3 through I2C.

> This is of great concern with respect to security since the firmware is not open.

So it is impossible that the firmware can intercept the microphone. Well, it could do strange things if you do a phone
call - but then everything you speak is available in the network as well.