[Gta04-owner] gta04-kernel: 3.19-rc3

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jan 6 19:49:04 CET 2015

Hi,
I have merged 3.19-rc3 without big issues [1]. There has only been a handful of merges
by Linus since 3.19-rc2.

There was one minor merge conflict in the gpio_keys driver which appears to have
eliminated our android suspend/wakeup compatibility patch (if I understood correctly).
It is unclear if we still had a need for it.

One interesting thing is that it appears that the “wireless extensions” are back [2]. At
least I was able to configure for CONFIG_CFG80211_WEXT again but have not tested.

I have not tested the kernel on the GTA04 yet, but on the OMAP5432EVM it works fine.

On the BeagleBoard XM it works as well - but Ethernet and USB appears to be broken.
Maybe something in the OMAP3-PHY has changed (OMAP5 has a completely different
CPU-PHY interface).

[1]: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/3.19-rc3
[2]: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=commit;h=831a39c241e1254b6ddb8dea3144e77b9bbf44b3