[Gta04-owner] Updates for gta04 DTS file.

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 23:22:43 CET 2015

>> No, I see three trees:
>> * Linus'
>> * yours
>> * gta04-kernel
>>
>> which are not in sync and both, the second and third, are almost independently developed and
>> have the goal to get merged into Linus'. The question is how (by which collaboration model) things
>> are synced.
>>
>> At the moment I think they are synced through Linus. I.e. the one who is faster in submitting and
>> convincing Linus (and his submaintainers) wins. And the second one was waste of energy (because
>> there was no discussion during development - just about the results).
>>
>> Is such a competition approach efficient? Is this producing good solutions? I don’t know myself
>> and would be interested in opinions of other gta04-owners how they would like to see the gta04
>> kernel development been done: competitive or cooperatively?
Hi everyone,

I'd like to express my view on the question Nikolaus just asked here:
To me it doesn't really matter how exactly improvements get upstream, I
will be happy every time they do, no matter what.
But in the meantime, I do appreciate to have a common place to go for a
WiP kernel that ideally has all the improvements that have already been
developed, including those that were sent to mainline by <whomever> and
are not upstream yet.
So basically what I'd look for is the one place where improvements
concerning the GTA04 can be found, and will be upstreamed. That
minimizes the amount of searching and merging a regular user has to do
if he finds a problem, but also minimizes the delay between development
of a fix and the ability to simply start using it.

At the same time I can see that people want to send patches to Linux
directly. I believe its a fulfilling achievement to get code in asap,
and yourself.

Now thats my limited view on this subject from a users perspective.
Meanwhile, keep up your great work!

Best regards
Josua Mayer