[Gta04-owner] Replicant: no sound during calls

L.B. lionel.broche at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 20:48:01 CET 2015

On 05/01/15 10:20, Lukas Maerdian wrote:
> Am 04.01.2015 um 23:35 schrieb L.B.:

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I recently implemented software-routing for audio in voice calls and the
>>> changes are working and in the git repository. But the latests testing
>>> image (which makesd makes use of) does not yet include those changes.
>>>
>>> So you would either need to compile Replicant yourself, according to
>>> this documentation:
>>>   http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/page/Replicant-4/
>>>
>>> Or you would need to wait for the release of a new Goldelico Replicant
>>> version, which I hope to be soon, but I want to fix one last bug (modem
>>> suspend/resume) before doing a new testing release.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>   Lukas
>>>
>> I followed the instructions from the doc (I also had to use 'sudo
>> update-alternatives --config javac' to use java-7-openjdk-amd64 because
>> version 8 is not accepted for compilation) but I ran into some problems:
>>
>> first, both the bootimage and tarball processes complain about not
>> finding device/goldelico/gta04/recovery.fstab, plus a few other errors:
>> *cut*
>> Checking build tools versions...
>> grep: device/goldelico/gta04/recovery.fstab: No such file or directory
>> fatal: No annotated tags can describe
>> '161f26dcfb2f9ff69e3ba5457d8074157f1ced33'.
>> However, there were unannotated tags: try --tags.
>> fatal: No annotated tags can describe
>> '161f26dcfb2f9ff69e3ba5457d8074157f1ced33'.
>> However, there were unannotated tags: try --tags.
>> fatal: No annotated tags can describe
>> '161f26dcfb2f9ff69e3ba5457d8074157f1ced33'.
>> However, there were unannotated tags: try --tags.
>> fatal: No annotated tags can describe
>> '161f26dcfb2f9ff69e3ba5457d8074157f1ced33'.
>> However, there were unannotated tags: try --tags.
>> *cut*
>> This did not prevent the process, though. Are these really problematic?
> Hi.
>
> I see those too, they are not problematic. It's just that git cannot
> find certain tags.
>
>> Then the tarball fails to be generated with the following error:
>> *cut*
>> host C++: libcts_audio_quality <= cts/suite/audio_quality/lib/src/Adb.cpp
>> In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:25:0,
>>                  from cts/suite/audio_quality/lib/src/Adb.cpp:16:
>> /usr/include/features.h:323:26: fatal error: bits/predefs.h: No such
>> file or directory
>> compilation terminated.
>> *cut*
>> Where is that file?
> Hmm, sounds like you're missing some of the build dependencies. Please
> check the official Replicant documentation and see if you have all the
> dependencies installed:
> http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/BuildDependenciesInstallation
>
> Best,
>   Lukas

Thanks for the reply, you were right: with all the packages the
compilation finished correctly.
Replicant does launch but it is quite broken: I have no icons at the
bottom of the screen to navigate, the wifi is broken and I could not
complete the test because navigation was difficult. I will try to re-run
the compilation while removing the garbage from previous compilations.

Lionel

|||| ||