[Gta04-owner] QtMoko & Kernel 3.19.0-gta04+ touchscreen issue

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Apr 21 10:01:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 20.04.2015 um 22:00 schrieb Sebastian Reinhardt <snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de>:

> Hi,
> I used my GTA04 with Kernel 3.7-neil-plus and Qtmoko (v57). Now I liked to make further experiments with bluetooth- headsets (esp. my freespeech headset in my motorcycle helmet).
> So I used the new "makesd" to create a new sdcard with kernel 3.19.0-gta04+. I flashed the phone (./flash_nand).
> This worked without serious issues (some messages about "man-files", no real issue, I guess).

Well, the 3.19 kernel is not yet ready for flashing to nand. But it works (almost) fine from SD card.

So you might consider to downgrade the flash_nand to 3.12 (but keep x-loader and u-boot by making a single-partition card). But if you don’t want to boot w/o SD card you can just wait a little until we have it mature (maybe with 4.1) and then flash that one.

> Now I created a "working" sd-card with QtMoko, by using "makesd". I can boot the phone. But I get the "QtExtended"- Splash screen, only.
> If I touch on scren ("Tap anythere on the screen to continue" is displayed), nothing happens.
> I am able to login via serial console (RS232). I also tried "depmod -a" and rebooted my phone, without any errors or changes....
> The "uname -a" on console says: "Linux gta04 3.19.0-gta04+ #992 SMP Mon Feb 9 09:04:09 CET 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux"
> What can I do? What was wrong? Is any thing changed "dramatically“?

What I suspect is that something has changed in touch event processing between 3.7 kernel and 3.19. It might be as simple as the touch screen device name /dev/input/touchscreen. Can you check if that file exists? If not, you can use the latest uenv rules from the kernel tree:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=tree;f=GTA04/etc/udev/rules.d;h=7c4f77c06ad17d521c0b56f4210c6afa3e9075d3;hb=refs/heads/3.19.0

You probably should install them anyways since the charging system has changed and without these updated rules charging will not work (well).

Or you can change the QtMoko file name where it looks for the touch. I think there is also a debug mode for starting QtMoko from RS232 console and watch for messages.