[Gta04-owner] [Community] The future of QtMoko

Gilles Filippini gilles.filippini at free.fr
Tue Sep 23 21:25:07 CEST 2014

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller a écrit , Le 23/09/2014 19:55:
> Am 23.09.2014 um 19:47 schrieb Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini at free.fr>:
>>> The first practical question is how to easily run the compile/test/fix cycle.
>>>
>>> It took several days on my setup (build within qemu-system-arm -M vexpress-a9)
>>> to build the qtmoko-gta04.deb, but finally it failed.
>>>
>>> The next step, building a new rootfs and install and boot is much faster but
>>> still slow.
>>>
>>> Q1: Is there a simple method to get the development cycle down to some minutes
>>> or even sub-minute?
>>
>> It's been a long time since I last built QtMoko. It was cross-built on a
>> Debian amd64 box [1] in about 5 1/2 hours. It might be possible to go
>> down to a couple of hours on a decent box with parallel build enabled. See:
>> https://github.com/pini-gh/qtmoko/blob/master/debian/README.source
>>
>> [1] AMD Athlon(tm) Neo X2 Dual Core Processor L325
>
> Nice.
>
> Does it appear possible to split up qtmoko into smaller packages that can be
> independently compiled, updated, installed, tested? So that apt-get install qtmoko
> just loads a meta-package?

I didn't succeed in that. My goal at that time was to provide a
QtExtended SDK package and then build QtMoko on top of that. But once
I've had the SDK package I realized I wouldn't work as expected.
Unfortunately I don't remember why, and I removed my workspace :( Might
be related to the source trees overlapping.

Thanks,

_g.