[Gta04-owner] GTA04-Kernel 3.17.0

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Oct 27 12:28:48 CET 2014

On Monday, October 27, 2014 12:04:38 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Hi Radek,
>
> Am 27.10.2014 um 11:30 schrieb Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>:
> > On Monday, October 27, 2014 10:15:09 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > > Who is testing what repo.
> >
> > It was always pleasure to test Neil’s repo for me..
>
> is this meant to imply (sometimes it might be important what has not been
> said), that it is not a pleasure to test the gta04-kernel repo?

No implying was meant. But while we are at it: Neil's kernel were always nice
stable, he was very responsive on ML and fixing stuff at amazing speed,
introducing no regressions. The kernel was better every day...

> If yes, what are the hurdles?

For me anything than 3.7 was unusable power management wise as far as i am
interested in phone not toy. Adding stuff to kernel which is not necessary for
phone and going for worse PM is not interesting for me as QtMoko devel.

> Since we are constantly upstreaming from the gta04-kernel repo (using this
> model since approx. 12 months) without significant issues [1], you must be
> talking about something different.
>
> Therefore I ask for testing and submitting patches. You don’t even have to
> take care of upstreaming (because we do)

As far as i understand it, for Neil it's more comfortable to upstream his
changes himself. But now i am silent. I am not doing any kernel work which
would justify my to continue in the discussion and i dont want to talk for
others.

BR

Radek