[Gta04-owner] Goldelico Replicant 4.2 Update (suspend + accel)

Alexandre Roumiantsev ran at mail.wplus.net
Sun May 25 19:06:37 CEST 2014

Hello

> > Follow Lukas and Nicolaus idea I get subj with LIS302 accel working. At
> > least same as Lukas announcement:
> >
> >> * Sensors: basic support for acceleration sensor (other sensors might
> >>   crash if used)
> >>   --> Good test cases are the "Free Fall" game and "Sensor Readout" app,
> >>       as found in F-Droid.
> >
> > I can see acceleroment info with  "Sensor Readout" and play at "Free
> > Fall" game.
> > Find in attachment the patch.
> >
> > Alexandre.
>
> Hi Alexandre!
>
> Thanks a lot for your patches. Your LIS302 kernel patch is now part of
> the "production-3.12.7" kernel and the "3.12-replicant4" kernel at
> git.goldelico.com.
>
> Today I've also used you libsensors patch, to enable LIS302 userspace
> support in the Goldelico Replicant. I've modified it a litte: Instead of
> checking for both accels in bma180.c I've added a new file "lis302.c",
> so both sensors could coexist (some boards are deployed with both sensors).
>
> It would be nice if you could test this setup (and potentially send
> patches to fix something), as neither of my GTA04 boards has a LIS302
> installed, so I cannot test. Also you might try to figure out correct
> calibration values for the lis302 and add them to gta04_sensors.c and
> convert the sensors values to the right range in lis302.c.
>
> Regards,
>   Lukas

Sorry for delay. I have prepare build with you changes, but have not enough time to analyze
result. So only some info for now:
1) Sensor is working. I can play Free Fall. I can see accel info with  "Sensor Readout", but
 with next problem:
2) I see both BMA180 and LIS302 ( in this sequence ) in "Sensor Readout" and can see ( looks same )
accel info for both.
3) I do not understand you patch:

> -       # Sensors
> +       # Sensors #TODO: beware of unstable path names, lis302 or bma180 might not be installed on all devices, which leads to different names
>         chmod 666 /sys/class/input/input1/poll #bma150
> +       chmod 666 /sys/class/input/input5/poll #lis302
> +       write /sys/class/input/input5/poll 0 #disable lis302 as it disturbs the bma180

in case that in my /sys/class/input I have:

> root at android:/ # cat /sys/class/input/input?/name
> TSC2007 Touchscreen
> twl4030_pwrbutton
> twl4030:vibrator
> gta04 Headset Jack
> ST LIS3LV02DL Accelerometer
> Phone button
> 3G Wakeup
> root at android:/ # cat /sys/class/input/input4/name
> ST LIS3LV02DL Accelerometer
> root at android:/ #

Best regards, Alexandre