[Gta04-owner] Goldelico Replicant 4.2 Update (suspend + accel)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue May 20 15:24:03 CEST 2014

Am 20.05.2014 um 15:12 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> On 2014-05-20 13:52, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have worked in the kernel part of your patch into the tree:
>> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/hns/3.15-rc3-lis302
>> And I have added a device tree file for the GTA04A3 boards, but not
>> tested anything (except that it compiles).
>> In the mean time I have found out that the GTA04A3 have mixed installation
>> of LIS302 and BMA180, i.e. some boards have both and some have either one.
>> So maybe with the next 3.15 kernel we have standard support for LIS302
>> on the GTA04A3 boards as well.
>
> Thank you for continuing to think about good old GTA04A3 boards!
>
> (Seriously.  I guess the number of GTA04A3s is a lot less than GTA04A4s, and also that it would be more interesting for you to look forward to new developments than to continue supporting older ones - so I really appreciate it.)

Well, the differences between A3 and A4 are so small so that it would be stupid not to do it... Even if they make just 10%.

And I personally hate if some hardware has to be thrown away because an upgrade wasn't possible for this specific combination of something (I had to retire a well working notebook recently just because the driver for the graphics card wasn't updated any more).