[Gta04-owner] Replicant-4.2 for GTA04

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Mon Mar 24 19:50:25 CET 2014

>> What exactly is the improvement you can see?
> Neither with your build nor my build with current bq27x00_battery.c
> I could not see battery status in real time. More over, displayed status
> does not change in critical condition ( low level and so ).
> Displayed status changed only when charger/usb connection changed.
> With old version bq27x00_battery.c I can see battery status in real
> time.

OK, so now we can compare:
1) https://github.com/OpenPhoenux/gta04-kernel/commits/3.12-replicant4/drivers/power/bq27x00_battery.c
2) https://gitorious.org/replicant/kernel_goldelico_gta04/history/d601b34b29e428f913fa5ec4d11d48cb65326fcf:drivers/power/bq27x00_battery.c

The common base seems to be commit "73c244a: bq27x00_battery: Name of
cycle count property". There are several patches/fixes in our 3.12
kernel, but on a first glance they don't look so special. In the
Replicant-2.3 repo there are 2 patches from PaulK, which apparently
didn't get pushed upstream - one of them looks like the fix to your
problem: "6bedb1d: bq27x00_battery: reduced poll delay to 1 minute and
report changes everytime".

Would you mind trying to apply patch #6bedb1d on our
3.12-battery-driver and see if it fixes your issue? If so, we can
easily include that patch in our current kernel tree.

Regards,
  Lukas