[Gta04-owner] Replicant-4.2 for GTA04

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Mon Mar 24 18:19:51 CET 2014

> Hello
>> So could you please provide a patch?
> As you can see from patch you created it has not sense.
> I repeat that it is too experimental and should
> used only for comparison. It is too far to be a regular patch
>> Or please describe in words what you have changed and why or it is really difficult to comment on it.
> The experimental build include a version of the driver from the Replicant-2.3 kernel
> with minimal changes to be used for 3.12 kernel. The result looks seriously better at least for me.
> Try the build, please.

What exactly is the improvement you can see? As on my device, using
the regular (3.12) battery driver, everything works as expected: I get
a battery icon, showing the charging status and the current capacity.

And it seems other users on the ML have a similar experience to mine,
after they upgraded their uboot to a current version and/or calibrated
their battery and/or fixed their aged battery pads.

Regards,
  Lukas