[Gta04-owner] Upstream Replicant 4.2 support for GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Thu Mar 6 13:54:58 CET 2014

On 2014-03-06 12:08, Lukas Maerdian wrote:

>> Does the driver report anything at all? Can you please paste:
>>
>> cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000_battery/uevent
>
> uevent just reports this (with the old battery):
>   POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=bq27000-battery
>   POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=0
>
> As soon as I put in the new battery (while the system is running),
> uevent contains all the information and all the other nodes are
> working as well.

I'm pretty sure that, with my battery (~2012 I think),

1) 'cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000_battery/uevent' reports a
complete set of information when running under a simple Debian
distribution; and

2) I don't get any sensible battery/charging information in the
Replicant UI.

Therefore I'm not completely persuaded that the Replicant issue is just
an 'old battery' problem...

Regards,
      Neil