[Gta04-owner] Kickstarter?

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Mon Mar 3 15:52:38 CET 2014

At Sun, 2 Mar 2014 13:21:10 +0100,
Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> * I think crowdfunding needs a crowd - likelihood that anyone interested in a GTA04 is not yet/still on our mailing lists is not very high

My experience is that you are wrong.

At 30C3, I told four people who are interested in free mobile OSes on
free hardware about GTA04 and Neo900 for the first time!  1 was an
N900 owner and now free phone owner; 1 still uses an N900; the third
uses Replicant; and the last just has a feature phone.  The first
three of these seemed interested enough to place an order for an
Neo900 (but I haven't followed up with them whether they did).

This is an excellent venue for reaching people who do not yet know
about the GTA04.  I think Nikolaus should propose a talk for next
year.  If money is an issue, I propose this community raises some
money to send him there.  I'll pledge 30 Euro.

Neal