[Gta04-owner] Kickstarter?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Mar 2 13:32:08 CET 2014

Hi,

Am 02.03.2014 um 13:25 schrieb Roland Haeder:

> On 03/02/2014 01:21 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>>
>> Yes, if someone starts a campaign on any (or even several platforms) that might
>> help (although I am not sure).
>>
>> The main reason why I am hesitant:
>> * it is a lot of work to prepare and run a good campaign
> Not much to do. Just register up with their website.

Well, that is not enough. There should be at least a good description and a video.

Volunteers?

>> * I think crowdfunding needs a crowd - likelihood that anyone interested in a GTA04 is not yet/still on our mailing lists is not very high
> There is a crowd for technology (see category link).

Yes. But there are projects that have raised ca. 100 USD. So this unspecific crowd is obviously careful where they spend their money on.
So you must tell them *why* they should spend the money on a device they have never heard of.

>> But if anyone wants to prove me wrong, we all will be happy :)
> I hope you are wrong in this. :-D

Well, hope is not enough...

>>> And I wonder, off-topic, why I got unsubscribed? Did you got some error
>>> messages?
>>
>> There was a mail rejected by the list coming from "spam-protected at arcor.de".
>> I don't know if that was your account.
> Nope. Not me. I'm ex-Arcor customer, so now it is Vodafone, but I don't
> use their email services.

Ok, then it was someone else. I have (from other comparable incidents) the
impression that big internet providers are playing with their mail and ssh
configs these days.