[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.16-rc2

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Jun 27 09:23:18 CEST 2014

Hi Ben,

Am 27.06.2014 um 00:48 schrieb Benjamin Deering:

> On 06/23/2014 09:59 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> I spent some more time with this tonight.  I don't see an sd image in
>
> http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/20140610-GTA04-beta-3.15.0-wheezy-7.5/

Ah, there is no primitive SD image (I have to find out why the file got lost), but the makesd script.

BTW: there is also a README that is not shown for unknown reasons:

http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/20140610-GTA04-beta-3.15.0-wheezy-7.5/README

> but I grabbed the u-boot files and copied them to /boot in an older hardware validation sd image. I booted this image and flashed the new u-boot. After this, I couldn't boot from any sd cards, it would always fall back to NAND. After putting back the old u-boot (Jun 2013) my cards all work.
>
> I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.

Well, that is very difficult to tell without looking at the boot console.

> My cards are ext3 formatted.  None of them have the old MLO stuff installed.  My boot folder contains the dtb files, uImage, bootargs.scr, logo.bmp.

That should be ok.

> Neil, were you successful in booting 3.16-c2?

I think I should make some 3.16-rc2 beta (this time looking also at having the sd-image restored).