[Gta04-owner] cloning repos from git.goldelico.com

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Feb 28 18:52:35 CET 2014

> Am 27.02.2014 um 20:08 schrieb Paul Kocialkowski:
>
>> I was unable to retrieve the git repositories from git.goldelico.com.
>> For instance, git clone http://git.goldelico.com/gta04-uboot.git simply
>> hangs while git pull http://git.goldelico.com/gta04-uboot.git master
>> shows an error:
>> error: Unable to find 0ad3a33e91a66fb3553f9e04cc1ed8f87a4ed0a6 under
>> http://git.goldelico.com/gta04-uboot.git
>> Cannot obtain needed blob 0ad3a33e91a66fb3553f9e04cc1ed8f87a4ed0a6
>> while processing commit 9363726546f326654ab1b0800fdec4b27ee39c44.
>> error: Fetch failed.

I have tried your commands and could not reproduce the problem. Maybe it
was a temporary network issue that is wrongly reported by git http.

The "simply hangs" may come from an increased network time. git clone
over http does not report activities until done (it appears to download a
big packed binary version first).

>> I experienced the same behavior with gta04-kernel.git. Do you have any
>> idea of what is going wrong?
>
> I have looked into that but could not yet find the error.
>
> If you go by web browser to http://git.goldelico.com/gta04-kernel.git/
> it looks fine as it should.
>
> And a 'git clone http://git.goldelico.com/gta04-kernel.git' starts running.
> But I see some 404 errors on the server log, because the git clone
> client is asking for non-existent objects like
>
> gta04-kernel.git/objects/ef/f338cf9d68426a009bb79fd04b8365a56fabc5
>
> So maybe some http index is not updated when doing a push to the
> repository (although there is a valid post-update hook). Interestingly
> the post-update hooks of different git repos are different. This may
> be part of the problems.
>
> Fixing this is something to put on my to-do list.

Ok, I have updated the post-update hook for all repositories and
did run a git gc and a git update-server-info on all of them.

Now cloning should be a little faster (but beware - the kernel is several
100 MByte!).

Please try again and report if it still fails.