[Gta04-owner] Replicant-4.2 for GTA04

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 28 14:17:14 CET 2014

On Friday, February 28, 2014 12:30:31 PM Lukas Maerdian wrote:

> > Thanks, that does indeed sound better all round; a clear demonstrator of
> > how Android on the GTA04 can be better than Android anywhere else.
> > Lukas, what do you think about making this change in your kernel build?
>
> Hmm, the problem with this is, that we'll loose the other special
> functionality, like switching to ADB-usb-mass-storage mode via the click
> of a button in the Android UI, making the GTA04 appear as a USB-pendrive.

Linux can switch between USB networking and USB mass storage. QtMoko can do it
- it's just 2 simple scripts [1]. No idea how it's done in Android - maybe
they have special drivers for this, i never checked it.

Regards

Radek

[1]
https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/devices/neo/src/devtools/scripts/usb-