[Gta04-owner] Replicant, webpage without project description?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Feb 28 07:54:49 CET 2014

Am 27.02.2014 um 19:44 schrieb mx4812 at arcor.de:

>> Maybe we should better describe it and improve the link from goldelico
>> to replicant.
>
> Hey, you just explained it in your replyl. Thanks!
> That would perfectly fit on the gta04 project page as well. :)

Ah, you are right. I did some copy&paste&edit on http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/

"Replicant (http://www.replicant.us, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicant_%28operating_system%29) is a FSF supported (but independent) project aiming to build a completely open and free (no non-free components) Android compatible system. They had started to work for the GTA04 device but did give up because they were not happy with the kernel.

So we (the creators of the GTA04) did take over and started our own partial fork to provide what is missing. In the long run we hope that the official Replicant is taking and re-integrating our work since running a fork is not optimal for anybody."