[Gta04-owner] Kernel upstreaming

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Feb 27 14:44:19 CET 2014

> Am 27.02.2014 um 14:19 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:05:51 +0100
>> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>>
>> m we currently have is that 3.14 has changed more than anticipated and we are still trying to stabilize it (e.g. the OTG port is not working, something is horribly slow and the framebuffer crashes X-org) and move some more parts to Device Tree. And making drivers DT compatible is currently the main things we need to upstream.
>>>

>> that sounds like another otg hacking session. Hmm, I know what I will look into in the next days.

I should add what works and what does not with OTG:

* plugging in the (powered) USB cable makes charging start
* /sys/bus/platform/drivers/musb-hdrc/musb-hdrc.0.auto/mode switches between "b_peripheral" and "a_idle" if I alternate between PC and a USB host cable. But a memory stick is not recognized. Nor is the ethernet gadget loaded.
* the kernel did crash with a NULL pointer dereference before I introduced this patch: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=commit;h=fecccbfe82a170c81dfb1820810d587def811f54

This means that the driver detects the ID pin and controls charging. But communication fails.

Maybe you can spot something!