[Gta04-owner] Kernel upstreaming

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Feb 27 14:31:48 CET 2014

Am 27.02.2014 um 14:19 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:05:51 +0100
> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>
> m we currently have is that 3.14 has changed more than anticipated and we are still trying to stabilize it (e.g. the OTG port is not working, something is horribly slow and the framebuffer crashes X-org) and move some more parts to Device Tree. And making drivers DT compatible is currently the main things we need to upstream.
>>

> that sounds like another otg hacking session. Hmm, I know what I will look into in the next days.

Yes, that would be fine!

I think I should push the latest 3.14-rc4 to github.

Done.

To compile use gta04_defconfig.
The device tree is omap3-gta04.dtb

You should upgrade to the latest U-Boot/boot.scr (9th Feb 2014) because it can locate device tree files and apply the bootm automatically:

http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/unstable/

After that you only have to put the uImage, the bootargs.scr and the .dtb into /root of some SD card.