[Gta04-owner] ANN: first replicant 4 with 3.12 kernel available

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Sat Feb 1 15:27:47 CET 2014

2014-02-01 Alexandre Roumiantsev <ran at mail.wplus.net>:

>> > Ok, that is something differnent. AFAIK the /proc file system is not an official API...
>>
>> And I have a different view: /proc/wakelock is apparently deprecated
>> http://bamboopuppy.com/android-wakelocks/
>>
>> "On older android builds you can check /proc/wakelocks"
>>
>> So we should also think about upgrading Replicant from 4.0 to 4.x...

> Trying to move ahead I am investigating a situation with wakelock in
> Replicant 4.2. It looks that some step to solutions is included into
> code.
> However I do not know exactly - does full solution is included into
> Replicant 4.2 or not.
> Anyway I try to backport same code from Replicant 4.2 to Replicant 4.0.
> I get some success on this way. Here is a small patch:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBb3JGbUFqb0FYd3M/edit?usp=sharing
> and here is a build to test ( current Replicant 4.0 + this patch,
> replicant 3.12 kernel + patches, published above in thread, Lukas wifi
> patches is included as well ):
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBOFNaWnFUOFAwZjA/edit?usp=sharing

Hi Alexandre,

thank you. I've created a issue for this work on the Goldelico
bug-tracker. I'd like to invite you to update that issue, if you have
any further findings and/or patches, this way we can keep our work
coordinated and nothing will get lost in old mails or on the Google
Drive:
  http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/issues/564/

As you were working on Replicant 4.2 before, I'd like to ask what the
results of that work had been?
And why did you switch to backport the code to 4.0, instead of
continuing your work on Replicant 4.2?
I think in the long run, moving forward to Replicant 4.2 is the way to go...

Best regards,
  Lukas

PS: I've also created an issue for your work on the Netfilter stuff:
  http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/issues/559/