[Gta04-owner] ANN: first replicant 4 with 3.12 kernel available

Alexandre Roumiantsev ran at mail.wplus.net
Sat Feb 1 13:17:52 CET 2014

Hello.

> > Am 21.12.2013 um 14:39 schrieb Alexander Rumyantsev:
> >
> >> Hello

> >> If you look at any log ( adb logcat ) you will see a message: Couldn't get kernel wake lock stats
> >> in many places. ( Most clean logcat you will see from this build:
> >> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBbVhWZElYbC13Y0U/edit?usp=sharing )
> >> Problem is that /proc/wakelocks is missing.
> >
> > Ok, that is something differnent. AFAIK the /proc file system is not an official API...
>
> And I have a different view: /proc/wakelock is apparently deprecated
> http://bamboopuppy.com/android-wakelocks/
>
> "On older android builds you can check /proc/wakelocks"
>
> So we should also think about upgrading Replicant from 4.0 to 4.x...
>
> BR,
> Nikolaus

Trying to move ahead I am investigating a situation with wakelock in
Replicant 4.2. It looks that some step to solutions is included into
code.
However I do not know exactly - does full solution is included into
Replicant 4.2 or not.
Anyway I try to backport same code from Replicant 4.2 to Replicant 4.0.
I get some success on this way. Here is a small patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBb3JGbUFqb0FYd3M/edit?usp=sharing
and here is a build to test ( current Replicant 4.0 + this patch,
replicant 3.12 kernel + patches, published above in thread, Lukas wifi
patches is included as well ):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBOFNaWnFUOFAwZjA/edit?usp=sharing

 Alexandre