[Gta04-owner] [ANNOUNCE] Goldelico Replicant Testing Snapshot (2014.08)

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Wed Aug 27 10:01:53 CEST 2014

Am 27.08.2014 um 07:22 schrieb Christ van Willegen:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Adrien Dorsaz <adrien at adorsaz.ch> wrote:
>> Le mardi 26 août 2014 à 13:59 +0200, Lukas Maerdian a écrit :
>>> Adrien, could you please try this devel-build:
>>> http://pss.dyndns.org/job/Build%20Replicant/ws/replicant-4.2/out/target/product/gta04/gta04-rootfs.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> It contains the above mentioned fix... does entering the PIN work for
>>> you, using this image?
>>
>> Yes, it works now with my GTA04A4. I were able to unlock my SIM card and
>> I was able to :
>>
>>       * receive a call
>>       * call someone
>>       * send basic SMS (and not to receive, as opposed to your
>>         description)
>>       * connect to 3G and use it to visit a web site
>>
>> But I didn't had any sound during the calls (I didn't hear my contact
>> and he didn't hear me). Otherwise, not while calling, the microphone
>> work and speaker too.
>>
>> Do you know which filter I should apply to logcat to have relevant
>> information for sound of calls ?
>
> I didn't try SMS, but I had the same problem as Adrien had, no sound
> during calls.
>
> I haven't tested audio via Bluetooth yet, but connecting to my car
> audio did work. Also, WiFi works. I had trouble connecting to GSM at
> home, but that may be just related to there being a low signal at home
> (and I was informed that the network was being worked on around this
> time of the year).

Oh sorry, I mixed up SMS: Sending works, not receiving.

About the sound: Do you both have GTA04s of revision A4? On A3s no sound
is expected, on A4 I don't know, because I cannot test.

I didn't look into sound routing, yet, but it's on my TODO. If it
doesn't work on A4 I'll have a look at it, too.

What works (on A3 and A4) is SIP calls (including sound), if you add a
SIP account in the telephony app settings.

BR,
  Lukas