[Gta04-owner] [ANNOUNCE] Goldelico Replicant Testing Snapshot (2014.08)

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 09:22:58 CEST 2014

Hello Nikolaus,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Am 26.08.2014 um 08:15 schrieb Christ van Willegen <cvwillegen at gmail.com>:
>> On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Lukas Maerdian <luk at slyon.de> wrote:
>>> After a long period of silence, which was due to me being busy with
>>> university work, I have a new Goldelico Replicant announcement to make!
>>> Fortunately, Paul added quite some changes to upstream Replicant in the
>>> mean time, which I could import into our single-partition, easy
>>> installable and multi-device Goldelico Replicant variant.
>>
>> I tried this a few times with two different SD cards but I keep up
>> booting LXDE (which is in NAND).
>>
>> Anything that I could possibly do wrong?
>
> It may be that you use an older U-Boot which does not find the (single partition) Replicant image on SD.

I Googled a bit to see how I needed to update UBoot, and came to this
page: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-rootfs/

But that seems a very roundabout way (and I don't have an RS232 cable :-) )

ISTR that there was a special 'flashing' rootFS which does all this for you...

Ah! I probably need the makesd script from
/gta04/20140521-GTA04-Production-3.12.7-wheezy-7.5 to do this!

Thanks for the hint!

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0