[Gta04-owner] Graphics SDK 5_01_01_01

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 00:20:57 CEST 2014

Am 18.04.2014 22:54, schrieb Josua Mayer:
> Hello everyone,
>
> a while ago there was a new graphics sdk released by TI and I now
> took the time to get it to build for our 3.12 kernel,
> 3.12-wip-pvrsgx. I also checked if it would build against the
> 3.12.7 branch now, but it doesn't, the reset-framework patches in
> the wip branch are still needed.
> I haven't yet done any testing on the device, but will do that as
> soon as I have set myself up a fresh system on sdcard. I will then
> report if there are any problems running the GLES demos, or if
> everything is just working fine.

Hello again,

So I have performed 2 test runs now using a fresh debian-wheezy
system, and my self-compiled kernels.

First test:
goldelico 3.12-wip-pvrsgx merged with 3.12.7, pvr modules builtin, debug
kernel panic at startup, see attached wip3127.log

Second test:
goldelico 3.12-wip-pvrsgx merged with 3.12.7, pvr modules not built
pvr modules compiled directly from graphics sdk
boots fine
modprobe pvrsrvkm fails with the following message:
root at gta04:/usr/local/lib# modprobe pvrsrvkm
[  359.127838] PVR: PVRCore_Init
[  359.139831] PVR: PVRSRVDriverProbe(pDevice=bf26cb90)
[  359.154907] pvrsrvkm pvrsrvkm: PVRSRVDriverProbe: error:
reset_control_get
[  359.170318] pvrsrvkm: probe of pvrsrvkm failed with error -2
[  359.177551] PVR: PVRCore_Init: major device 245

I intend to do another test of 3.12-wip-pvrsgx without merged 3.12.7,
tomorrow, though I guess there is little point.

Maybe anyone wants to invest soem time into PVR (or just swear loudly,
feel free!) and find out whats going on here.

So far have a nice weekend everyone

kind regards
Josua Mayer