[Gta04-owner] Graphics SDK 5_01_01_01

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 22:54:42 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

a while ago there was a new graphics sdk released by TI and I now took
the time to get it to build for our 3.12 kernel, 3.12-wip-pvrsgx.
I also checked if it would build against the 3.12.7 branch now, but it
doesn't, the reset-framework patches in the wip branch are still needed.

The differences of this new graphics sdk to the release that is
already integrated in the 3.12-wip-pvrsgx branch are, according to a
quick diff, quite minimal!

There is a patch required to the source inside the sdk to compile the
modules: omaplfb.patch
and one on the linux tree to get rid of the undefined symbol
v7_dma_flush_range error, which happens whenever we try to build the
sgx driver as kernel module:
0001-arm-Export-cache-flush-management-symbols-when-MULTI.patch
I found this patch at
https://github.com/RobertCNelson/stable-kernel/blob/v3.9.x/patches/omap_sgx/0001-arm-Export-cache-flush-management-symbols-when-MULTI.patch,
credits seem to go to Pantelis Antoniou, though I havent checked that.
The third patch is purely idealistic and basically pointless, though
probably nice to send to TI: make-clean.patch

Additionally the path to the kernel build tree used for gta04 has to
be set:
GFX_Linux_KM/Makefile: KERNELDIR

Now the kernel modules can be built inside the GFX_Linux_KM subfolder:
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
TI_PLATFORM=omap3630 OMAPES=5.x KO_PATH="dc_omapfb3_linux"

I haven't yet done any testing on the device, but will do that as soon
as I have set myself up a fresh system on sdcard. I will then report
if there are any problems running the GLES demos, or if everything is
just working fine.

Happy Rabbits everyone
Josua Mayer

PS: It was probabyl unnecessary to work all of this out, I could have
just *tried* the integrated driver in teh first place! Anyway,
practice is practice.