[Gta04-owner] Shapeways case and MMC connector

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sat Apr 12 12:29:33 CEST 2014

Le samedi 12 avril 2014 à 09:08 +0200, Lukas Maerdian a écrit :
> Hi Paul,

> > I received a gta04 case from Shapeways, all in white strong and
> > flexible. While it has a nice feeling and the plastic seems strong,
> > there are some serious downsides:
> > * The plastic part that connects the front cover to the middle cover on
> > the top of the case doesn't fit (apparently the hole is too small).
>
> It should fit, also it's very tight. That's because the roughness of
> the print. After you got it in some times, the roughness will decrease
> and it will fit more easily.

Good to know, thanks.

> > * The internal GPS antenna does not fit in the allowed space on the
> > middle case: there are at least 2mm or 3mm missing between the two
> > plastic parts to make it fit!
>
> That spot is actually designed for the smaller Case-Kit (Taoglas) antenna:
> http://www.taoglas.com/images/product_images/original_images/AP.12F.07.0045A.pdf
> http://de.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Taoglas/AP12F070045A/?qs=QpZVHcK7GhSmauGUKusx1A==
>
> But you can easily remove some plastic with a sharp knive.

Ahh, that explains it! Perhaps it would be worth making a version of the
case that uses the gta02 parts and one that uses other parts?

Thanks for your answers and well done! Overall, the case looks pretty
nice :)

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website:        http://www.replicant.us/