[Gta04-owner] Donations to investigate suspend current?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Apr 10 15:14:06 CEST 2014

Am 10.04.2014 um 15:08 schrieb ben deering:

>> Well, 3.7 is working quite well - but has limitations in power
>> management. 3.12 is working almost on the same level of functionality
>> (only the 3D-GPU driver is missing), but AFAIK nobody did look into
>> power management yet. So it is quite unknown if it is better or worse
>> - and in which areas.
>>
>> But: the biggest challenge ahead is to stabilize 3.15ff.
>>
>> Why shouldn't we simply stick with 3.7?
>>
>> IMHO because 3.14 already is a major breakthrough into a brighter
>> future. We have almost everything converted to "Device Tree". And
>> after that is done, we do no longer have to maintain some of our own
>> patches, because the mainline kernel is fully concentrating on the
>> device tree based devices. Therefore we are also trying to upstream
>> our diffs (I submitted 4 simple patches today). Patches coming from
>> linus/master will then no longer make big problems as in the past and
>> tracking will just need a git merge linus/master.
>>
> I agree with the idea of staying on the latest kernel and merging GTA04
> code upstream and only suggested looking at the older kernels because
> we know that is when the regression was introduced.
>
> It sounds like I should build a newer kernel this week and see if there
> are any easy things I can help with instead.

Yes, that would be fine!

The latest one is currently here:

	http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/3.15-rc0

Unfortunately it locks up the kernel with the OMAP_HDQ driver (we did
already ask LKML for help) which must be deconfigured first.

I think i should now update the list of known bugs on the issues tracker
(will need a little time):

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/