[Gta04-owner] Donations to investigate suspend current?

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 08:26:34 CEST 2014

Am 10.04.2014 01:49 schrieb "Benjamin Deering" <ben_deering at swissmail.org>:
> Would it make sense to collect donations specifically to fund some
thermal imaging to see what has changed?

Measuring less than 20mA with thermal imaging is quite hard, especially if
you've got a multilayer board with lots of copper in it which spreads the
heat...

I have the possibility to get my hands on a FLIR camera (no funds needed
for this) but I will need some assistance when taking pictures. Since I
didn't have the time to play with my gta04 recently I don't know how to
switch on/off all of the peripherals on recent kernels.

Another approach would be to buy a semi broken board from GDC (if some are
still available), remove component after component and measure the suspend
current after each step.

Best regards,
  Christoph